Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pune Pics Pliss

I popped my memory card into the laptop to have a look at what was on it and found a handful of picures I took in Pune. On the 4th of April, I acted upon an impulsive decision to visit Chikoo in Pune, where she now studies, and spend one night there. My weekend surpassed a regular day in Mumbai by a wide margin.
From drinkning Irani chai to riding tripsy on a scooter, we managed to squeeze in immense amounts of food and laughter into two days. The fact that I returned with only about twenty pictures on my camera itself proves that I was far too busy making memories to document them.

Here's some visual nostalgia.


Some kids loafing around while their parents shop at a Books By Weight sale.


Such swag, no?


My camera bag, equipped with a portable water bottle and loaded with party-whistle-streamer things I bought for some friends.


An old parsi uncle reading in what seemed like a deserted, British-style bungalow.


A motor repair shop next to a tree that housed a kite nest and its young chick.


Two boys with buckets full of the aforementioned party-whistle-streamers.


One of them showing off how far the whistle goes.


Irani chai at Good Luck Cafe. And bun maska, of course.


Bought and piled with pride- books from Books By Weight.


Piles of abridged books in a sweet place called Book World. We sat on the floor staring at these books for longer than should be acceptable.


Bus stop contemplation/zoned-out man.


A worker inside Fergussen College.


What I think is the kitchen door to the canteen at Fergussen.


Books By Weight Chairperson doing business over the phone with nothing short of a hundred boxes full of books looming behind him.


Scrumptious spinach, mushroom and cream cheese sandwiches at a quaint cafe called Le Plaisir.


Chikoo helping me make note of all the food we were eating as we awaited our order at Le Plaisir. Behind her is a wall covered in post-its written by doting customers (who are incidentally brilliant at doodling).

fin.

No comments: