Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Violinist

I stepped out of the house to buy some tomatoes for dinner. On the way there I saw a young man. He was sitting up on the wall of a building. His violin case was in front of him and his shirt was draped over it. He was sitting in his shorts and vest playing his violin. His face was calm but concentrated. A dog was sitting on the same wall facing him and watching him play, as though he was listening intently. He seemed soothed and comforted sitting there. I stood there for a couple of minutes just to listen. It was soft, sweet, melodious and so gentle. His music made me smile and feel happy. He was playing with his eyes closed. I was itching to ask him something, I didn't know what but I was intrigued and wanted to know about him. But he was so engrossed in his music that it seemed wrong to interrupt. I walked away having seen something quite out of the ordinary but delightful.

No comments: