Sunday, June 9, 2013

We went on a road trip


We went on a road trip today. Well, sort of. I call anything longer than a one hour drive a road trip. We didn't know where we were going. We woke up early, we made sandwiches, we took music and our dog, Chaplin and set off. It was raining. The cats had already started falling. By the time we hit the outskirts, both dogs and cats were falling. It was exhilarating. Wind blowing, rain slapping you in the face, dog drooling into your lap, it was great. The trees were greens of every kind and the rain made them glisten. Ah, what sights they were to see. I will continue speaking of the trip as the photos below go by.


We were driving around looking for a stream or river we could take a dip in and set up our little picnic basket. Since it was raining, I wouldn't dream of taking the camera outside. So all the photos here are taken from the car. I wish I could share with you images of the green, rain-covered beauty. But these are all I got.


At the toll naka. We bought the fruit assortment. A necessity if you go on one of these trips.
But not from the lady in the picture below....


...from him.


We passed a small village. Look at the colours! I want a cute little cottage like this some day .


Mood was lifted even higher when I heard a song I love after ages: Roobaroo!


Spot=found. We parked by this river and disembarked. Chaplin jumped in immediately and swum swum swum. Then the two of us ran up and down the wide, wet, empty road. We also noticed that we hadn't brought the sandwiches along. We ate non-sandwich things.


We saw kingfishers (pied kingfisher too), bee eaters, egrets and cranes (see next post), darters and lapwings. Also saw train going by. Also crabs, frogs and a very cool water jumping spider.


The very first picture I allowed my sister to take from my camera. Note Chaplin on my lap enjoying the rain (and digging his claws into my thighs) .


We did some more driving around and stopped at another place for dipping-into-the-river purposes. Somewhere along the way we crossed this bridge. This man was standing on it. Beside him was another man fishing off the side of the bridge.


Somewhere near the bridge.


What I love about the outskirts: no traffic. You can stop bang in the middle of the road to take a picture and you won't be holding up any traffic. And even better, there aren't any cars in front of you ruining your picture.


Completely drenched to the bone, we turned homeward. Chaplin had a nice, sleepy drive. He's still zonked from all the swimming.

No comments: